Welcome to Accounting
Why choose this course?
There aren’t many careers as diverse as accountancy: not only can you train in business, practice or banking, but once qualified chartered accountants are found working in high level jobs all over the world.
Accountants are financial specialists at the heart of all areas of business. They work across various specialisations, including consulting, corporate finance and forensic accounting. They could find themselves working in all corners of the globe, from the Cayman Islands to South East Asia. The opportunity for international travel and rewarding salaries are just two of the benefits open to chartered accountants.
Course Content/Main Topics
1. An introduction to the role of the accountant in business
2. Types of business organisation
3. The double entry model
4. Verification of accounting records
5. Accounting concepts used in the preparation of accounting records
6. Preparation of financial statements of sole traders
7. Limited company accounts
8. Analysis and evaluation of financial information
10. Marginal costing
11. Standard costing and variance analysis
12. Absorption and activity based costing
13. Capital investment appraisal
14. Accounting for organisations with incomplete records
15. Partnership accounts
16. Accounting for limited companies
17. Interpretation, analysis and communication of accounting information
18. The impact of ethical considerations
Careers and Higher Education
Students who are successful in Accounting can continue their studies at University or alternatively get an Apprenticeship. Chartered accountants work at the highest levels of business and finance. This could include:
• Managing own businesses.
• Director of a blue chip company.
• General management for banks and financial services.
• Partners of accountancy practices.
• Working for charities.
• CEO of an international organisation.
• Chief executive of a FTSE 100 company.
100% exam (paper 1 50% and paper 2 50%) assessed at end of
year 13. 3 hours each.
Grade 6 in English and Maths
Oliver Harris - Head of Business Studies/Assistant Headteacher
Ready to Apply?
Once you have looked at all of your options and selected the courses you are interested in, hit the 'Apply Now' button below, if you would like to check out other courses click the 'Courses' button!